HS/HSL MAKER EXPO
A Free Health Sciences Networking and Showcase Event for Makers, Innovators, and Entrepreneurs
Presented by the Health Sciences and Human Services Library, University of Maryland, Baltimore
University of Maryland, Baltimore - SMC Campus Center
621 W. Lombard St, Baltimore, MD 21201
March 06, 2018 - 09:30 AM
Meet and learn from academic and industry experts using emerging technologies to advance health care.
Network with others who are interested in or learning to use:
- 3D Modeling and Printing to Inexpensively Replicate Basic Lab Equipment
- 3D Modeling and Printing to Inexpensively Create Custom Lab Equipment
- 3D Modeling and Printing to Create Patient-specific Assistive Devices
- 3D Bio Printers
- Virtual Reality Microscopy and Radiology
- Augmented Reality-assisted Surgery
- Medical Imaging
- Bio and Medical Technology Commercialization
- Aruinos and Raspberry Pis
- Internet of Things Devices
Attend the free workshop after the Expo to learn about making 3D printable molecular models using open source tools (seating is limited).
The HS/HSL Maker Expo is free and open to the public. Registration is required, space is limited. Refreshments and boxed lunch will be provided.
Co-founder, NextStep Robotics
Former Clinical Research Specialist, University of Maryland School of Medicine
Section Chief of Community Radiology
University of Maryland, School of Medicine
Associate Professor of Human-Centered Computing
Co-President, Director of Engineering and Development
Engineered Medical Systems, Inc
Tuesday, March 6, 2018
SMC Campus Center - Elm Rooms A & B
|09:30 AM||Registration, Coffee, Exhibitors, Networking|
|10:00 AM||Opening Remarks||M.J. Tooey|
|10:15 AM||Keynote Address||Anna Young|
|11:15 AM||Exhibitors, Networking|
|12:00 PM||Boxed Lunch, Networking|
|12:30 PM||Speakers Panel||
Dr. Peter Swaan (Moderator)
|02:00 PM||Closing Remarks||Brian Zelip|
|02:15 PM||Exhibitors, Networking|
This 2-hour workshop will cover several strategies for generating and combining 3D models to create 3D printable molecules using Chimera, Pymol, and Blender.
* Registration for this workshop has reached capacity. You can join the wait list from the Expo registration page.